NM Alliance General College Scholarships are designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree. Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to:
• Community College Students
• Community College Transfer Students
• Undergraduate Students
• Graduate Students
Award amounts generally range from $1,000 to $2,500.
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a resident of New Mexico
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-5551 (not expired)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have plans to enroll FULL-TIME in a degree seeking program at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the upcoming academic year
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be pursuing first undergraduate or graduate degree
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a HSF/NM Alliance Scholarship, go directly to www.hsf.net to obtain an application.